Here is a simple and easy recipe for Delicious Mint salad recipe best for Summers also called “Tabbouleh”.
- 1 Pound Tomatoes,
- 1 Cup Couscous (grind fine to medium),
- 1 bunch Spring Onions,
- 1 bunch Fresh Mint leaves,
- 1/2 tsp Cumin (grounded),
- 2 cups Hot Water,
- 1/4 cup extra Virgin Olive Oil,
- 2 Lemons (juice),
- 1 Cucumber,
- 2 large bunches of Parsley,
- Salt- to taste,
- Pepper – to taste (grounded)
- Add Couscous to Hot Water and leave for 30-40 minutes.
- Put in a strainer and let the excess liquid drain. Push with the back of spoon to drain excess liquid.
- Chop Spring Onions (green + white parts), Parsley and Mint leaves.
- Chop and Seed the tomatoes.
- Seed and Dice half of the Cucumber.
- In a bowl, put Tomatoes, Sprig Onions, Parsley, Mint, and Cucumbers together.
- Sprinkle with Salt, Pepper and Cumin. Toss and make sure it mixes well.
- Add Couscous and Lemon juice and mix.
- Add Olive oil and mix well and leave to enhance the flavour.
- Serve at room temperature.